Monday, September 6, 2010

You Take Incredible Care of Me.....

As I come to a place where my attention is once again drawn up higher and Earthly things fade away. I smile as we are together. There is nothing in this world that satisfies as does the glimpse of you. All pales in comparison when in the breathe of the moment you fill that breathe and the air hums with your beauty.

You dazzle me… your wonder is amazing. Your strength satisfies me and settles me and draws me into a place of refuge… where no doubt nor fear nor shadow of darkness can exist. In that place where you dwell I open up to a sense of aliveness that comes in no other space. I sit as I look into your amazing face and explore all the majesty, kindness, generosity of spirit that exists there and I sit in awe. In awe and wonderment that You are all that You are and that there is no shadow of turning at all…. At all …..

You spoke that in this world we would have difficulties but that fear should have no ground and courage should take flight for you have overcome them… conquered them… and that in you we can be unshakable and assured.. that we can be deeply at peace. (John 16:33 The Message) Deeply at peace…. Words like that that go together and fit in the same sentence are life to me….. The difficulties of this life have in their seasons raged at me with a force that tried to tear apart my very existence and yet … and yet … God! Without the truth of His overcoming and conquering I would be lost and yet God……

I remember so clearly the night I stood in such darkness… in a place and a time that had imprisoned me in hopelessness and loss…. I can see the window that I looked out of and the street light that stood underneath… as I peered into the heavens and wondered out loud… Do you exist? Do you exist and are you real? And then as if I had been schooled in the sinner’s prayer words tumbled out of my mouth not to a bare and empty floor but to the Heavens ….. and clothed in majestic light you stepped into the room…… And I knew… I knew you were real.

You have walked me through many a terrain since that moment… we have skipped upon the mountains .. leaping and jumping like dear… and you have held me in the wilderness and caused me to learn to lean…. You have held me and shielded me through the valleys of the shadow of death.....

I long for the final journey… and the spirit and the bride say, “Come.”…. “Come.” When you don’t just make your home in us upon this earth but that the majestic high priestly prayer of oneness is fulfilled and we are all one… In a moment all of that was creation will fade away and sorrow and sighing with flee away with it as a vapor… whose memory will not even be a bare whisper or thought…. And in that moment when we are finally and forever face to face… we dance…. We will dance.. and we will laugh .. and we will sing… and we will glory in the glory of our God forever and ever and ever… oh for that day…. That bright and glorious day….. When there is You and Your Kingdom and nothing less….. May that day be branded upon our very beings so that we live with the hope and life it brings……

Unto you be all praise.. and glory… and honor….. You are our King… majestic.. royal… powerful…. Victorious…. Mighty….. the Lion and Lamb… The Alpha and The Omega.. The beginning and The end….. I sit in amazement of all that you are and all that you say I am…. I sit so fixed on your beauty … your majesty… That I sit and I sit and I sit and I wonder… I wonder about you my dearest Lord and friend… You are the lover of my soul and you take incredible care of me…..

No comments: