Thursday, September 9, 2010

I don't know much... but I know He loves... Truly that might be all I need to Know

There is a sense of awe and reverence before the Lord that is all encompassing. I sit here and I am so humbled by who He truly is as God. There are verses that have captured my heart for years but in these days they burst out on the page dazzling with color and light and beauty.

So many times we read, “I will be their God and they will be my people.” In those words lie His passions…. His heart… through everything… through all of history… His hunger is and always will be for us. Oh GOD… Oh GOD… Oh GOD… I could scream of His goodness… I could shout it from the streets….. HE LOVES US…. OH HOW HE LOVES US……. His passion is for us…. He longs for us to walk with Him… He hungers and yearns as a lover… (He is the LOVER of our souls) He loves us…..

He so truly and completely loves us….. we are what He aches for… we are His sons and His daughters… we are bearers of His image… and in all of that His passion for us knows no bounds… no limits…..

I have been pondering Mary as of late….. her action of breaking the bottle of perfume over the feet of Jesus and washing them with her hair and her tears has been filling my heart and mind. A life so fundamentally changed…. So incredibly altered from the course that it had been set on… So desperate to express gratitude she stepped into extravagance…… But He was and is worth it… worth it all

As I drove home this evening from being out many thoughts made their way through my heart and mind…. New beginnings… new steps… that mirror older ones once taken except now maybe walked with a limp ;) But as I drove home this realization of who I have become within the wilderness… who is this girl emerging from the terrains just walked….. A peace and settledness filled my soul… and as I thought about who I am now… I realized I have made a decision in the depths of my being to not be other than ….. I have walked in soulish things… walked in things that were the exact opposite of the grace and light of my Lord… why would I want to touch those things ever again? Why would I want to walk in anything other?

So in His shadow I walk, stand, sit, run, play….. and under His wing I soar, fly, jump, shout, scream… and leaning.. well leaning.. I love and in leaning I am protected… and in leaning I realize I truly don’t have to carry anything alone ever again… why would I want to walk or lean in anything other…. the things of this world continue to grow extremely dim in the light of all He is….

For His love carries a strength and life to it that beckons come be extravagant with me… I am loved extravagantly … may I leap into loving in that same way…. Extravagant love … just sounds fun…. It will carry me Home… one day…. It will be all we know and the memory of anything other will be a dim recollection… may all of that become dim even now….. extravagant love just sounds fun….. that is where you will find me….. whatever it looks like I do not know.. but I know I will be there with Him and that that is all I need to know….

No comments: