Monday, September 13, 2010

Words only Lack to say it Well...

I think of Corrie Ten Boom and all that she saw and yet that which flowed out of her heart…. She saw the depravity of man in one of the worst times in modern history and was able to write:

"Even as the angry vengeful thoughts boiled through me, I saw the sin of them. Jesus Christ had died for this man; was I going to ask for more? Lord Jesus, I prayed, forgive me and help me to forgive him....Jesus, I cannot forgive him. Give me your forgiveness....And so I discovered that it is not on our forgiveness any more than on our goodness that the world's healing hinges, but on His. When He tells us to love our enemies, He gives along with the command, the love itself."
— Corrie ten Boom (The Hiding Place)

Only the Lord can bring us to a place where we thank Him for the valleys of darkness that we have walked through… But God we would be reduced to the dust that we were made from…… With God we can learn to soar upon the wings of eagles and take flight into life.

He has brought me to a place and bringing me even deeper still that all I can find myself doing is walking humbly next to Him..... walking next to Him in awe… in awe of His beauty.. in awe of His tenderness.. in awe of His determination …. In awe of all that He is … and I find my heart hungry to be more and more and more and more like Him…. To gaze into His eyes .. into His heart and long to live there… to daily be an expression of that love … of that heart…. Of those eyes that are determined to see that which the Father sees in all of us….

Oh Jesus … Your goodness astounds me …… your determination to bring me into your likeness births within me a solid peace that Your work will have its way as I yield and as I yield your strength is made manifest in all of my weaknesses….

Thank you… thank you my dearest Lord… thank you….. Thank you for loving me

No comments: