Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Ten Thousand Miles and beyond

There are things in life that are dark. Regrets shrouded in shame. Moments that can't be ignored or changed. How often have I written about looking back and remembering days that I would rather leave alone. If there was a moment I would change.. well, there would be many but this one .. .this one would be the one I would pick.... There isn't a day I don't think about him and wonder what if... There isn't a day where I wish I had chosen differently..................

You remember I stood next to you. I stood by your side... and took your right hand.... Your astonishment that I would be there was apparent. But I am who I am and there was no other place that I would have been. One of my hands on your heart ... one holding yours..... sheltering you with my love and declaring by my presence that darkness would not lay a hold of this moment and that death would not have the final word................... and then it was finished................... and I wrapped him in my arms of love and brought him home with me so that he could be where I was... for I had prepared a place for him... for in My Father's house are many rooms and if it were not so I would have told you...... I prepared a place for him so that he could be where I am and I will come again and will take you to myself .. that where I am.. that where he lives.. you may be also.

It was I, who on the day that I brought to me one of my very own... opened up a door of sight for you. I caused you to look up and see the child holding the hand of a grandmother. On days when you have questioned who you are as a mother it was I that drew his attention to you, to speak to you, and appear before you, and to say to you from his heart that you are a very good mother... I could have spoken it directly to you ... but coming from him I knew you would receive it into the deepest parts of you..... and it was I who opened up the door so that you could stand before me together lifting up your voices of song..... so you two journey separately but always together..... and there will be a time where no time and no distance separates you ever again......

I think of her standing before you and a screaming mob.... I think of how you bent down and wrote in the sand...... how you disarmed those that would condemn her by bringing to their attention the fact that they too stood to be condemned.....

I long to live within your very nature and to carry that torch of life and love and the victory of your death....... How often do I get it wrong .... but your forgiveness carries me ten thousand miles and beyond ... to the day when I will with all of those before me kneel and bow and declare that Your name is higher than every name... and that Jesus Christ you are my Lord....

No comments: