Friday, September 4, 2009

In the way of an introduction

As I think upon the steps that I have walked I realize that to write in my voice alone wouldn't bring forth the purposes for which I share. Walking up to the line where this story unfolds holds for me a milestone in and of itself.

A crossroads perhaps.

In the past lives a girl and a woman who lived as a shadow, not comprehending the depth or reality of life possible. Peering into the future I see a peace and a joy once thought unobtainable.

So here I stand.

I am in the middle. Traveling forward......

The desire that fills my soul is to be a voice. One that cries out into the darkness that there is a light. That no matter what the darkness has done it does not have to be the last word.

There is a place in me that is now able to bring forth the most accurate of stories. A calm that empowers me to see the roads I have traveled and the people I have walked next to..........

There are many voices. The words of those that both knew me and know me echo in my head. There are those that we journey with for brief moments in the scope of a lifetime and then there are those that are alongside and walk hand and hand. I have tried to capture their voices in the most honest of ways.

There are many who walk in the driest of places. I want to be as a watering can to you. May these words sprinkle over you and soak into you and bring forth streams of rushing living waters.

There are those who will relate more to the voices of the others than to mine. You who journey next to or along side... may these words light up your path and give you hope that even the faintest of shadows can grow into something more........................

No comments: