Saturday, September 12, 2009

An Exceedingly Great Army

DRY BONES NO MORE...............................................

There are times that I get lost in the memories of the past. Those times feel so far removed. Like a different life time ago. At least one.

I have sat outside underneath the full moon as clouds travel over her tonight and have reflected on the journey. As I think through the events that have brought me to this moment I stand in awe. I stand in awe of what can truly happen if love has its way. There is a story in the Bible that says:

The hand of the LORD was upon me, and he brought me out in the Spirit of the LORD and set me down in the middle of the valley; it was full of bones. And he led me around among them, and behold, there were very many on the surface of the valley, and behold, they were very dry. And he said to me, "Son of man, can these bones live?" And I answered, "O Lord GOD, you know." Then he said to me, "Prophesy over these bones, and say to them, O dry bones, hear the word of the LORD. Thus says the Lord GOD to these bones: Behold, I will cause breath to enter you, and you shall live. And I will lay sinews upon you, and will cause flesh to come upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and you shall live, and you shall know that I am the LORD."

So I prophesied as I was commanded. And as I prophesied, there was a sound, and behold, a rattling, and the bones came together, bone to its bone. And I looked, and behold, there were sinews on them, and flesh had come upon them, and skin had covered them. But there was no breath in them. Then he said to me, Prophesy to the breath; prophesy, son of man, and say to the breath, Thus says the Lord GOD: Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe on these slain, that they may live." So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived and stood on their feet, an exceedingly great army.

There I was ... just a pile of dry bones. Discarded. Left. Words spoken over my life that I would amount to nothing. Damaged. Should never marry. Never have children. I tell my story now because I know that love will create the greatest army. Allow the breath of love to breathe you into life........

When we fully grab a hold of how transforming the power of God's love is ( not manmade religion) we will stand on our feet, an exceedingly great army of light and love................... I see the discarded, the lost, the lonely, the outcast, the forsaken, and the broken grasping that God's love will never fail.... it will never lack... it will never falter... I see the "rich young rulers of the world" actually realizing that their "stuff" will not do and instead of leaving the presence of the Lord turning and clinging to the seam of His garment......

We will rise with one heart and one mind for we will have tasted love and we will have been made full

No comments: