Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The Tides Began To Turn

In him was life, and the life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it!!! THE DARKNESS CAN NOT OVERCOME IT!
Darkness will not win. It cannot overcome the light. A room full of darkness is lost to light when one pushes the switch. There are times many a switch needs to be turned on but then comes light. The darkness vanishes quickly.
And there came a day when the darkness lifted. One day in particular. But also many days that made up a season of turning. A season when The Light shone in brighter then the darkness has over shadowed.
There had been many seasons of heading in that direction. Many times when the light made its way through. When the tunnel's end was coming closer into sight. And then she came. And the darkness and the shadows could no longer stay. I began to learn how to live more fully in the light. And it grew and it grew. And so did I.
She carried the light with her and she was persistent. Determined that I would see. Determined that I would learn to breathe. Determined that I would no longer walk in the darkness. Determined to love me. He brought her to me to show me His love. And she was determined. With her the chains that had wrapped their way through and around my heart were unlocked. With her by my side I saw Him and knew that life abundant was within my grasp.
She turned her heart, the heart of a mother, to a child... one that was not her own. In turn my heart was turned towards love, towards life, towards her and darkness did not have its day. The utter destruction of my life avoided by a woman choosing to love... living out her life as a carrier of His light .
She was a "very rarely."
"What do you mean?" I was asked. "A very rarely?"
A smile formed on my face as memories.... oh so many memories of her flooded my very being. A larger smile formed... "Well very rarely will someone lay down their life for someone...." I said, as my mind still drifted back to the days when we walked together. "But she did... she laid her life down so that I could live... sound like someone you know... she was His hands to me, His heart to me, His very life to me... she saw me in a prison and did not hesitate and she became the key........

No comments: