Monday, August 31, 2009

What's Around the Bend



When my brother visited William and Mary as a potential college (ended up going to Syracuse U.) I ventured into the book store. Where upon I found a book that filled me with great inspiration. I don't know what class it was specifically for but within its pages there were pictures and words and questions..... All meant to jog ones mind into a writing a creative piece.

I don't know about you but I sit down and begin to write, I can close my eyes and the computer keyboard becomes my "piano" of sorts. I feel the keys under my fingers and I get lost in the words that are coming forth...... My spirit soars as the creative part of my comes to life.... I love words...
I have word magnets on my fridge. So that every day I am around words.....

Words... dream, imagine, fanciful, dance, twirl, linger, captivate...........

I allow my mind to go and I get lost in all the possibilities that the words hold within... that they would release their full potential into us all is my deepest desire..................

So take a moment..... seriously take a moment... pick a word... write it down... and dream ...... allow yourself to be unencumbered by rules of grammar, by anything.... close your eyes and feel the keys under your fingers (don't worry about spelling.. never worry about spelling... we live in the day of auto correct) and write... and feel yourself come alive to all the possibilies....

or cut out photos from a magazine and clue them into a journal... and make up the story behind the photo.... Here are two recent photos I took..... "what is beyond the bend," or " what is it that beckons you " (for me its the light)!!!

Enjoy the journey and laugh... laugh... giggle (one of my new favorite words) giggle lots

1 comment:

inhim said...

What a flowing and creative release
of the inner spirit child...