Saturday, October 19, 2013

I come from laughter... October 19

As part of the Stir The Water community, we are embarking upon lessons and times for the individual to discover and reconnect with God through creativity, meditation, and writing/ journaling prompts.

Before jumping into this time we encourage you to pause, take what I've been calling a "selah" moment.  Pause...  breath...  It is time to reflect and feel where you enter this moment from.  Be aware of yourself in this moment.  From where do you enter into this time... be kind to yourself and allow your body to settle into this moment... there is no forcing yourself into this space or time...


Prayer
Holy Spirit gently woo us into your presence. Empower us to set our heart and thoughts upon things above.

Take a moment and breath...  Try and be aware of God's kindness, His presence, His love that surrounds you always...

Focus

Where do you come from?  John 13:3  "He had come from God and was going back to God."

To answer and journal and discover the path that this question brings forth.  Where do you come from?  The truth is that before the foundations of the earth were laid we were known, we were loved, we were wanted.. we were desired.

John 10:28-30
and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand. 29"My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand. 30"I and the Father are one."…

To anchor myself into that truth as I then allow myself to touch what arises when I ask again, Where do I come from?  From a past of abuse and rejection, from times of trouble or pain.. From a Kingdom of light and truth and love?  Where do I come from?
What reality is more real to me?  That of the world, of my own life, or of the Kingdom?  Listen to your heart here and see what comes forth...

Journal

Acknowledge what comes up...

Hold it before the Lord

Ask His perspective upon what you feel, hear, sense...

Journal your own prayer to Him asking to make firm to you the reality of His love and His affections and that His joy is in you and His pleasure that you walk the face of the earth can never be measured....

You come forth from laughter... from Joy... He delights in you....

No comments: