Thursday, September 12, 2013

Be Thou My Vision ...............................

It would be one of my favorite worship songs.  When I would hear it for the first time my heart  melted and it was as Christ was pointing the way... If there would be a prayer that would carry me through my days it would be that which was encompassed by this song... Amazingly it would be the first worship song I would ever hear at Renovatus.  The song had been circulating in and through me for months....  and then upon stepping into the service of this church in Charlotte on July 11, 2010 for the first time, a cry of my heart was answered....  As life moves forward and geography changes... life changes... the one thing that remains is the cry .. the plea.. the need... For Him to be the Vision....  May my eyes ever be trained upon Him... and May He be my vision in all that I touch

High King of Heaven... My victory won............

The lyrics of this song capture me... rivet me... pursue me.. "HEART OF MY OWN HEART!"

Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art.
Thou my best Thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

Be Thou my Wisdom, and Thou my true Word;
I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord;
Thou my great Father, I Thy true son;
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.

Be Thou my battle Shield, Sword for the fight;
Be Thou my Dignity, Thou my Delight;
Thou my soul’s Shelter, Thou my high Tower:
Raise Thou me heavenward, O Power of my power.

Riches I heed not, nor man’s empty praise,
Thou mine Inheritance, now and always:
Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,
High King of Heaven, my Treasure Thou art.
High King of Heaven, my victory won,

May I reach Heaven’s joys, O bright Heaven’s Sun!
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all.

A most desperate prayer pulsates through me this evening.. what more beautiful realities could exist but to cry out for these....  

So sweet Jesus... Beyond all else I ask that You... You would be my vision.. You are my best thought ...  Your presence is my light.. Be my wisdom... be my Father.. may I be your truest daughter...  Dwelling together...

Oh BE my battle shield...  be that which stands before me and behind me and about me ... surround me in your presence.. High King of Heaven... those words.. "High King of Heaven," none better than those....  

Heart of my own heart....  Be my vision.. Ruler of all.. Ruler of me....


2 comments:

Katherine said...

This is my favorite hymn amd many a time it bought me comfort and strengt during very difficult times...
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all.

mims said...

That is the truth... My favorite line is High King of Heaven... Just that statement .. So anazing