Monday, July 8, 2013

When bewilderment is actually complaint.....

I'm not sure at the point of writing this if my friend knew that which the Lord was doing through him as he spoke and shared his heart.  It was a casual car ride and conversation between friends, but in an instant, all of a sudden, there was great weight upon the words coming forth from his mouth.


He was just speaking about the concept of complaint.  He was sharing concerning the environment it spreads and the hazards to such things.  I could feel the weight but could not exactly pin point what it was that the Lord was speaking.


Who, now a days, is willing to receive revelation or a prophetic word that speaks truth and clarity and even correction and not just some obscure fluff and promise of world wide fame and prosperity.  I think of the time of the prophets when Jeremiah addresses the issues of those that were saying what the people wanted to hear versus that which the Lord was actually speaking.


So last night there was weight and authority that filled the air but understanding wasn't fully upon me as to exactly what the Lord was touching.  But this morning arrived and with it the daily devotional that I teach for stirthewater.com

A journey began earlier in June where we step into the Psalms and while we look at them  within the context of their history and that which they speak, we also take a devotional journey through the truths that are put forth.


Today as I read the very first verses of Psalm 19 I knew..  It was like connect the dots and the words spoken last night and the reality of the scriptures were being laid bare.  Psalm 19 opens with the words, The Heavens are telling of the glory of God. And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.


I felt the question to put out there to the participants but to also listen to for myself was what is my life telling and what is my life declaring.


Yes, in these times of transition my heart has faltered along the way.  As I look at other words of David's I see in passages where he cries out and pleads to the Lord more of the condition of my heart than in any expression of courage or bravery.  But today the opportunity to have the Lord search me and know me came about, and the reality of where complaint and fear has seeped in and stolen whatever faith was there, was exposed.


Yes, the years and the moments  and the circumstances and situations I have found myself in have led at times to bewilderment, but in not being disciplined in my heart I defaulted to complaint instead of courage.  I defaulted to fear instead of faith, and my life both declared and told of allowing the circumstances and situations of my life to steal my joy and my hope.  Where instead of arising and overcoming I shrunk back, where instead of believing and trusting I gave way to fear and panic and sorrow. Instead of standing firm in the reality of who I am as His daughter and that I bare forth His image, I forgot and exchanged that which would be said of me and my God for a lie.  I did that...


Usually we just keep the Daily Devotionals for the members of Stirthewater.com but I truly felt in this one a call for remembrance. A call to awaken to the reality of what God says and to attach ourselves to the reality of our God.  Here is the link:  http://stirthewater.com/beta/content/daily-devotional-psalm-19


  I refer to a sermon that was just preached yesterday, July 8th, at Dwelling Place by a dear friend, Mitch Semones.  You will be able to find that podcast when it is posted at the DPNRV.ORG website.  He steps into talking about image and a call to remembrance.  And it is truly moving.


The atmosphere, in the morning was full of hopelessness and fear, and yet, as Mitch shared the word of God the truth that faith comes from hearing and hearing the word of God filled the room.  A call to remember in whose image we are made after and what it is that is said about us,  a call to remember the faithfulness of God and an opportunity to give thanks... He really has given the garments of praise to deal with the spirit of heaviness.  He really has given us the perfect law of the Lord for the restoration of our souls. (Psalm 19:7) His ways are perfect and right and sure and enduring... they are the path of life...  of true life...


Sometimes we need the comfort and consolations of the Lord that He knows us and has walked the way of humanity and understands and sometimes we need to simply repent for complaint and turn our hearts towards His ways.... It is a beautiful waltz, the redemption of God!  He is slow to anger and abounding in compassion and it is through His kindness that we are always led into repentance... What a mighty and beautiful God that we serve!!

No comments: