Tuesday, July 16, 2013

It's sink or swim or walk on water type time

In all honesty I don't remember the specifics of the story. It's been a long time since I have clearly looked back over the life of the denomination that I stepped into as a new Christian. But I remember the stories of how there was a period of time that John Wimber prayed for healing for people and didn't see a thing. But yet continued time after time walking towards what it was the Lord had laid upon his heart to believe.


In this season I find myself walking through a time where I pause a lot. I mean a lot. At times I find myself having less and less to say. It's interesting still trying to teach or walk through a daily devotional but none the less so it is....


What is thoroughly upon my heart is born forth from the passage in Exodus 33: If Your presence does not go with us, do not lead us up from here.


And you see while I am not experiencing it as I know in my heart to be... I have all these convictions of what it means to be led of the Lord and what it looks like to have His presence with us and upon us. There are pictures of what in my heart it means to be His daughter and how we as His people are called to walk and how He walks with us.


This isn't naming and claiming anything... I truly think this is taking Him at His word....

I've been spending a lot of time in the gospel of John these days... Chapters 5 and 14. Time after time Jesus acknowledges that He does nothing (not even speaking) on His own initiative (John 14:10) and He speaks of how He can do nothing of Himself. (John 5:19). I'm not giving excuses for laziness but empowerment towards diligence.

But this isn't about Wimber and his journey into healing... and this isn't about seeking power nor authority in the spirit... This is about a journey into the heart of God.... It is about pursuit.


I am His daughter, period. I am His. He is my God. That is His heart's desire and passion... To be with us....


I realize that I can put together an hour long devotional through the psalms. I can do the historical back ground study, I can look into the meaning of words and look at contextual issues, I can come up with devotional topics but time after time, IF the Lord doesn't meet with His people then we are toast. Then you are left with 10,000 teachers and not mothers and fathers, then you are left with the scribes and not with Jesus (as the people of His time declared that He was not like their scribes but walked as one who had authority.), then you are left with more meetings, and webinars, and seminars and conferences and what? What about us ever gets changed?


So these days I pause and I linger and I leave awkwardly long silences at time... don't I know that that isn't good etiquette especially for a recording? I don't care..... I really don't care about much of these things any longer.... Social protocol and etiquette can't be where I walk... I don't know how to do much but I figure that that served Peter and John pretty well at the gate of beautiful...



So I'm going to pursue that which He is doing... I'm going to think about the times liken unto Obed Edom, I'm going to think about the times of Jesus walking upon the earth... I'm going to think about hungry people being fed, sick people being healed, wounded people being made whole.... I'm going to think about the Kingdom... BUT more than anything I am going to think about the Father and what it is that He is doing... It's sink or swim or walk on water type time.....   

No comments: