Sunday, July 7, 2013

How dare I throw scraps at people when what the Lord has is a feast? When I open my eyes both in the natural and in the spirit how can my next step not be full of compassion...

Passion


Compassion


A Plea


and


A Roar.....



There is no greater roar within me then that which arises at the thought of God's heart towards His people.  I hold fast to the scriptures that speak upon the idea of to the degree one is forgiven is to the degree that they understand that depth of forgiveness. Standing in such a place of somewhat understanding the depths to which I had made my bed in sheol, how could my gratitude not be immense?


There is at times a deep ache that wells up within my being, it is coupled with the understanding that comes forth from sight.  When I open my eyes both in the natural and in the spirit how can my next step not be full of compassion...  It is what I would want for myself.  The hunger in the spirit for people to be known and to know is so very palpable. Wiser men and women than I have done the sociological studies regarding technology and how, with its vast resources and rewards, it has also produced a very lonely and isolated culture of people.


I love seeing people.  I love actually seeing them in all facets of that which the phrase entails.  I am a people person so I do truly enjoy being around people.  I am however not your light conversationalist.  When I hear someone sharing a story and when I see them before me how could I not receive them and see them.


To place my heart into the hands of my God and to know that as He hears that which is really being said and He sees that which there is to be seen, how can I not step into that place with Him?   The hunger in people is immense at times and the result, for the human heart,  that can be born forth from one simple question or statement at times is immense.


Why not step into at all times?  I will tell you the truth... And this is why we have 10,000s of teachers and not enough fathers.... It is because the cost of touching another persons heart, the cost of not treating the words, thoughts, emotions of another as trite and really sitting there before them and entering into a transformative journey with them is large and it takes time and effort.


There is this trend more and more in the Christian culture that I am a part of.. ie more of the charismatic flow that appreciates and embraces prophetic and revelatory things, to do drive bys.... ie the, what I am calling, Chinese cookie prophecy, or the other one liners that come more from expressions of catchy phrases then the truths and depths of scripture.  It isn't for me to sort out what others feel called to do or to post or to speak, but there are moments where my heart is grieved and I am saddened that the summation of the heart and power of God is reduced to sound bites that are caused to tantalize the ears and souls instead of ministry deeply to them.


Jesus is the Lord who stood overlooking Jerusalem and wept over them, hungering and longing to draw them into the depths of the love that exists for them.  Time and time again He met people, and saw them and really saw them, and brought healing, affection, wholeness into their lives....
I just want my life to exemplify that heart....  To see... to know... isn't so I see and I know... it is so that others can see and others can know how thoroughly known and seen they are.....


My passion for the women who read my blog and then reach out to me.. I want to pour out words of affection, of courage, of identity....  The reality of the dignity of being a woman, a daughter...  a sister is immense... To the men who reach out and express their hearts and their hunger to be seen and known and to understand what it means to be called a son of the Lord... These things are beyond beautiful... The hunger in people is intense...


 How dare I throw scraps at people when what the Lord has is a feast?

No comments: