Tuesday, October 11, 2011

In death we live and find the amazing beauty of abundant life

There is so very much to be said within let the weak say I am strong.... the reality of our Father's Kingdom so vast and so true and so real.... more often opposite than that which culture would attempt to dictate to be true....

In allowing death to have its work within me I live... in allowing weakness to be formed in me I am strong... in being poor I am rich... in being blind I get to see....

Stepping forward I am not ashamed to say that these days.. this season .. at times takes its toll on me... at times I lift up my eyes to the hills knowing that is where my help comes from but that help seems so very far away... and yet as I make that statement as I let that deep sigh come forth He is there before it has even fully left my body....

Strengths seem so funny to me and being capable of doing this or that seems so unimportant.... He... Him.. that which He is forget what He does.... who He is....

I look up to the hills and from the place my life flows... I look to Him and even when it would seem that the valley will swallow me within its landscape I look up to the hills and He comes leaping and dashing and jumping towards me... with joy and love and warmth and delight.....

The landscape opens up and sitting with Him on the valley floor carpeted by the lush green grass makes it all change.... laying down looking up and listening to the birds sing... the melodies filtering into my being and bringing forth their song within me makes all things new.... all those things that when we gaze at each other we know what they are.. but all that He surrounds me with... all that He surrounds me with... especially Himself makes all things within and without new... brand new... new in Him...

These days there is more of a knowing silence between us... both of us still and quiet among each other.... Him ... sharing of His strength.. me ... soaking it in.... These are seasons of silence and I don't think I will emerge how I entered... there are aspects of me that I wonder what will they look like.... a knowing within me that this time and this place walking with Him is altering the thoughts I think and the things I care about....

To do lists while plentiful are not beyond being thrown away and time while (well I don't know what time is at this point) but time speeding by can be slowed way down as a day becomes a thousand years and a thousand years becomes a day...

His ways get to dictate truth... His beauty... His truth.. His love.... His joy... they are so other then that which some would call beautiful or true or lovely or joyful but in embracing His gaze.. Him... I find the things of this world grow stranger and stranger and dimmer and dimmer..

Love is strong and it is magical and it is solid and it transforms and alters forever and the cross ... the cross is the ultimate symbol of love ... In death we live and find out the amazing beauty of abundant life...

1 comment:

Bryan Brown said...

"These days there is more of a knowing silence between us... both of us still and quiet among each other.... Him ... sharing of His strength.. me ... soaking it in.... These are seasons of silence and I don't think I will emerge how I entered... there are aspects of me that I wonder what will they look like.... a knowing within me that this time and this place walking with Him is altering the thoughts I think and the things I care about...."

Wow, these words so embody this season in my life this entire piece is beautiful. One of my favorite songs that often brings tears to my eyes is the song that says"let the weak say I am strong, let the poor say I am rich let the blind say I can see" So often it seems weakness, poverty, and blindness are our lot, feeling poor in spirit and even character at times, weak unable to stand and too blind to navigate with surety. More and more i realize to sigh is to pray and to be weak and poor and blind is to see the strength and might of our God and for us to be reminded that He abides within. so i say Amen to "in death we live and find the amazing beauty of abundant life" amen!