Wednesday, February 19, 2014

He wasn't impressed with His power .. So what was He impressed with....

I was living in and around a large ministry in those days.

But I'll never forget this conversation.....

It isn't the conferences, it certainly isn't the buildings, it isn't the books that can be sold, it isn't the hype or showmanship.....

It can't be about any of those things...

It has been my hope that that conversation will form out my life.  Sometimes it does more than at other times but I am always brought back to it....

"Mims," He said. "Mims, I am never impressed with my power.  I never wonder if I will be able to do what it is that I desire. My power does not impress me."  I stood there as the child I was.. listening... taking it all in...

"Do you want to know what impresses me?"

My answer was a simple, "yes."

"When my people choose to love one another." And He went on and on about what moves His heart....

I honestly don't know much about many things, especially these days...  But I do know this.. It must always come down to love... All else passes away... All else will fail...  All else will cease .. Except love...

I once saw a blue cube floating in the spirit and I knew the Lord was saying that is the substance of faith.. that faith IS actually a substance.... If faith is a substance then I know that love is a powerful force...  We underestimate its currency because it isn't sexy, not in its most potent form...

Love is so powerful and we misjudge its capacity ... maybe it is because it takes time, maybe it is because most of the time it isn't flashy...  There could be a lot of "maybes" but when it comes down to it... it takes time.... it takes thought...  it takes sacrifice...

What moves the heart of God?

When is a blessing commanded straight from Heaven?

When His people choose to love, choose unity above selfish ambition....  live lives full of His passion and compassion... The world has been so taken by simple and random acts of kindness...  It is the kindness of God that leads people forward and closer to Him and His ways...

Kindness is a force to be reckoned with and love is its power...

I'll tell you this...  What the Lord is awakening, that which is being spoken forth from Heaven.. you want the truest prophetic word for the hour or the day or the whatever... It is this... Love and kindness are what is being released from Heaven.. It is what Heaven has always released...  It is what our Father does very well...  It is what is very much needed today.  Love and kindness....  Its tenacity knows no end and its capacity to alter and change lives, towns, cities, states, countries and the world is more powerful than all the proverbial horses and chariots that exist..

It does not need to be marketed.. It needs to be lived
It does not need hype.. It needs feet

Simple...
Plain..
But powerful....


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great truth and one that I really needed today! Thanks for sharing! Janelle