Saturday, May 19, 2012

This is the posture we can have with Him.....

  Passages like those found in Psalm 31 that speak of how it is "For Your name's sake You will lead me and guide me," flow into my soul today....

When I read those words today .. when I read further on in that beautiful psalm as it comes to verse 14, "But as for me, I trust in You, O Lord, I say. "You are my God." My times are in Your hand."  I just sat quietly.. I sat quietly and tried to allow those words to not just flow into me but saturate me with the life giving truths they hold....

There are just seasons that hold within them numerous opportunities to turn and believe despite circumstances and situations... there are seasons that would try and attempt to lay bare all that is within a person.... a sifting .... but I find that within the season the growth is startling as it comes forward....  In my absolute weaknesses I get to see His strength come blazing through.... and in my sorrow I get to see Him bring the most touching of comforts that rivet me to the core of who I am and cause me to stand in awe and wonder ... Because there is none like Him...

He is that He is that He is that He is ... and He is beautiful.... He is remarkable.. He is stunning....

I pause in typing and lay my head down upon my desk... I sit there with the screen's light upon my eyes and I sit and close them....  listening to the hum of my computer and sitting crossed legged I just settle into the moment.. knowing that there are far other places that He ties me to....

For I go to prepare a place for you.. the words ring in my head.... For I go to prepare a place for you.... my heart hurting from the situations of the last week or so... tears dropping from my eyes... and He repeats those words.. For I go to prepare a place for you.... so that you too can be where I am......

My heart lurches forward and my body is racked with sobs....  The world at times holds within its construct punch after punch but not Him.. never Him....  and in these moments He too knows.. for we do not have a High Priest who has not walked these ways......

Never have I left you .. Never have I forsaken you.. I have not left you as an orphan.. words after words flow like rivers of living water.. drenching my soul and calling me towards Him and as I reach I find that I have already been laid a hold of and been brought up into His embrace... before I call He answers and while I yet speak He hears....

Ever so gently He draws me up towards Him and I crumble into Him and just weep and weep and weep... So much upon my heart.. so much upon my mind... the details and specifics actually not important here or I would share.. for the sharing is more about this is the posture we can have with Him....

We can stand and worship.. we can lean and be led... we can sit and learn... we can fall and be carried.....  we can weep and be comforted .. we can laugh and sing and shout and dance and cry out loud... Our God.. Our King... Our Lord.. Our Lover.. Our Friend.. Our Savior.. Our Father.. Our Brother.. Our Comfort.. Our counselor... Our Redeemer...  and it goes forward and on and on and on....

And we will walk with Him always and forever...  and nothing .. nothing gets to separate us from His love..... and that is what empowers us to having done all we still stand.. for it is His love that convinces me that I know in whom I have believed and He carries me forward for His great name's sake...

No comments: