Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Not religious platitudes....

As I have listened to my friend teach  to look at the nature and character of things I have so  fallen completely  more in love with our God... Looking at the nature and character of the world... Of the enemy of our souls... Then of Him... His goodness melts me and inside I am wooed towards His greatness ... This world and the suffering and sorrow that abide here...  The trials... The tribulations...  Then the enemy whose nature is to devour... To destroy...   It all causes me to pause and in awe be silenced for what is man that our God would be mindful of us and yet He is... He so thoroughly is.... The truth regarding Him and His affections are beyond the scope of what we could ever fathom ...  And this morning as  I think about He has not left us alone to face hardships or evil... But having equality with God He did not consider it something to be grasped at but laid it down and took the form of a bond-servant... As I think upon this morning and all the moments of decision that came upon me .. I pause and allow gratitude to arise...   For when I am afraid or confronted with issues too large for me to grasp.. When looking into another's life, or considering which direction to walk in... When seeing suffering and sickness around me I need not fear...  And those my dear friends are not religious platitudes but words of strength and peace and confidence.. Not of myself but leaning against His vast and unending resources I take a deep breath, pause and praise... 

No comments: