Friday, January 13, 2012

The question was plain but the answer was not....


The question was plain but the answer was not....

Before I can go forward I must go back....

This morning I sat in deep awe of that which the Lord had done over the course of 24 hours... as I sat and thought about how only He could bring together pieces of a puzzle so amazingly... Almost a world away a young girl for her pastor translated a book of my husband's into spanish and shared with us that she had done so... and provided us with a copy... Forward to local Charlotte area a young man headed home to Peru where his family is interested in the subject of Dreams which provides an on road to discussions about God.

At a local meeting I just feel led to share about some of the amazing events happening in our ministry (Stir The Water) this week and what happens piece of the puzzle and piece of the puzzle converge for a God moment....

Other events this week have lined up and have just had me standing in awe of the goodness of the Lord....

So now this morning... as I reflected and sat in awe of my God … a quiet but strong question came forth....

“Would you love me?”

And then I knew every question that would follow that.....

Would you love me when I was hanging on the cross?
Would you love me when I spoke of you must eat of my flesh and drink of my blood?
Would you love me?

Yet even that wasn't the end... it was merely the bridge to get to where we were walking together...

Last night at a meeting I was sharing about the nature and character of God only to enter into another meeting where a dear friend spoke of the nature and character of God...

And it was then that we arrived... He and I

Trust..... Looking into those eyes of His and seeing His outstretched hand the question wasn't so much would you love me as it was do you trust me....

And even in that there was so much mercy and so much grace.... there was nothing to fear as He presented His question... a sincere acknowledgement that I am learning to but that there are areas where it is a struggle.... The kindness of God manifested in the room like a thousand fireworks going off at one time .. He laughed and it was the most beautiful sound I think I have ever heard...

And then I knew in places I had never known before... His goodness... His kindness... His generosity of spirit... His care of me.... and I began to breath deeper than I had ever done before....

1 comment:

Ginnie said...

we have never met, but I love your writings...thanks.