Tuesday, August 9, 2011

this daily bread

Such anger.. such fear... such confusion... can you feel it in the air? Panic.. dread.. hostility... trembling...

I close my eyes and see manna falling from Heaven.. not metaphorically speaking here.. but real food... I see water bursting forth from rocks.. I see the lame walking and the blind seeing and the deaf hearing.. I see those that have labored as fisherman of old being told to put down their nets one more time and into their boats loads of fish are brought forth...

I close my eyes and I silence myself and I rest in the knowledge of God...

This world does not get to dictate to me what to think or how to interpret world events.. this world does not get to say that I am poor.. it does not get to say that I am lame.. it does not get to measure my successes or my failures... it does not get to judge my life according to its standards.. it does not, like in the case of Saul, get to put its armor upon my person...

There is one who comes and takes my hands and holds my gaze into His and into His heart I journey... when we sit upon situations like those that the disciples sat in on a boat on the lake of Galilee .. He speaks for all to be still... The elements of life upon this world do not get to dictate reality... They do not get to have the last word....

He has life in the midst of trouble.. He has peace in the midst of suffering... He has tenderness in the days of anxiety... He speaks of another way of life... to look beyond what would ravage our souls and know that there is a way of life and light and peace that can be walked in no matter what rages around us....

I have come to a prayer often throughout the day... a prayer of this daily bread.. in all areas of life I am resting my head upon Him .. wanting to learn from Him.. know Him.. know His ways...

I close my eyes and I see the face of a Savior that writes upon the days of my life His story.. quietness and stillness have become my companions all the more... and waiting upon the Lord has become my daily bread... He changes that which is around us and beyond quieting the seas of life He quiets my soul and in those moments He stands ...

He stands as revolutionary.. He lays as babe in the manger and hangs as Savior upon a cross and walks as man upon a world in desperate need and rules as one who has tasted suffering and death and has overcome.. to Him be the glory forever and ever..



No comments: