Tuesday, August 23, 2011

loving kindness comes alive as a cloud descends

I have a dear friend who teaches on the concept of loving kindness in such a brilliant way…. He has someone stand up and then takes the scriptures that speak of loving kindness and how we are crowned with it and how it follows us and how it goes before us and how we are sheltered in it… By the time he is done reading the scriptures and having people get up and stand in the place that is mentioned the first person is surrounded by the tangible visualization of what the loving kindness of the Lord does and how He protects and sets up His presence all about us…..

Well… this whole concept grabbed a hold of my heart as I watched a woman be so touched by the truth of God’s word and how it applied to His loving kindness upon her life…. I would spend months seeking the Lord concerning the whole idea of it….

They are beautiful pictures and beautiful moments to watch as my friend travels through that teaching for people and yet I wondered…. I wondered about what it tangibly looked like beyond the moment… so I pursued the Lord as if I was the woman with the issue of blood pushing through the crowd to grab ahold of His garment… I wanted this… I knew how the loving kindness of God was revolutionary and I had experienced it but something inside said there was more…..

As I pursued Him with loving kindness specifically in mind I would come across days and I would know that the loving kindness of God was crowning me and that my thoughts and opinions were being fashioned and formed by His thoughts and opinions and that He was bringing me deeper into the realization of the power of His love… and I saw my life being transformed by the loving kindness of God as it crowned me…

Last night I wasn’t even thinking upon the loving kindnesses of God as I headed to bed… it had been a long weekend and I was ready to try and get some rest…. As I laid down and my head hit the pillow the presence of the Lord settled in all around me… I felt that Jesus was behind me and then I felt that Jesus was in front of me and then the presence of God got stronger and stronger and I felt that Jesus was by my feet as well as above my head and that I was surrounded tangibly by the loving kindness of the Lord… it was as if I was placed in the middle of a cloud and the cloud surrounded me and was a buffer between me and the world….

I fell asleep wrapped by the loving kindness and presence of God and the picture that my friend taught about came to life in a whole new way….

4 comments:

Molly Patterson said...

I love how your heart takes hold of your hands when you write.

Ron Barnard said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ron Barnard said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ron Barnard said...

Not sure what went on with my first two attempts, but I simply wanted to say, I love the post. I love His Loving Kindnesses, and I love the Driscolls...