Thursday, August 4, 2011

As Holy Spirit spoke to me ... it was to "suspend reason" that caught my attention the most

sitting before You .... I am so very aware of Your presence... Your sweet tender kindnesses saturate the room and I am brought forth into a whole other place where perspective is solidly upon that which You say...

The other night it dawned on me that I have walked with Jesus for decades as I have gotten to know Him better.... I am about to turn 40 and I was saved at 19.... It took me longer to know how to lean upon the Father and just abide in the reality of who God is as Father is stunning and amazing and beautiful!!! So a few evenings ago I realized that while I have walked and ministered and spoken with Holy Spirit that He was inviting me into a season of knowing Him more... knowing His portion ... Knowing that which He brings .. knowing Him not just His fruit and His gifts but Him... and while all that is truly entwined I was excited at the invitation....

excited ... yes.. but also unsure... as I felt that the one thing I was going to be asked was to suspend reason..... to let go of that which I think I know of the physical and embrace that which He was just so full of delight over and eager to show me.... "Suspend reason.." hhhmmmm

But then I saw how He was tying in a teaching my husband would do concerning eternity with that which He was beginning and I could see how He was directing my path even before I knew that a path was emerging.....

Suspend reason... can a boys fish and loaves really feed 5000? Can a lame man arise and walk? Can a blind man see? Do fisherman who have been fishing all night really lower their nets magically one more time to catch more fish than their boats could contain? Suspend reason....

What gets to dictate what I believe... what I expect... what I desire.... when I allow His passion to direct that I step forward into a place of life and living that I couldn't have ever imagined existed...

I really don't know where exactly the Lord is leading me .. nor do I understand at all yet what it really means when He has asked for me to "suspend reason" but I'll tell you this my curiosity is completely peaked... and I am full of anticipation....

No comments: