Thursday, November 1, 2012

Pop the Champagne Bottles

Waking up the image that was before me was of a champagne bottle being opened....  Indicative of celebration I wondered to myself what did I have to celebrate....  Then clearer then day I knew... I knew what it was I was to see... to know...

"Celebrate Life!"  And with those two words it was as if volumes were planted into my heart.  Celebrate life.... It is who I am ... Truly when I am walking in the most me I can a celebration of life flows forth ....  The appreciation of life.. the appreciation of love... the appreciation of truth, wisdom, beauty, joy, hope....  To have eyes that see another human being for the precious individual that they are... to bless with words and actions.....

In the midst of life and recent occurrences I had allowed that which I truly am to be bumped from center...  And yet this morning's vision reminds me of hope and love.  This isn't a superficial optimism that bubbles within side me ... it is an absolute understanding of the strength of love and redemption... it isn't based upon events and circumstance and situations... it is based upon an immovable reality...  It is a celebration of life... of love... of affection....

It is an understanding that amidst events that feel like the proverbial wind and waves I can stand... I can be at peace...  I can have a strength not my own....  And in that place and from that place I can walk forward...  Walking forward... I celebrate life... I celebrate beauty... I celebrate and cherish and hold firm to the understanding that all life is precious and the value of every human being is beyond measure... I walk forth with that upon my heart and in my mouth...

In the words of the prayer of St. Francis ---

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury,pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
and where there is sadness, joy.


O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek
to be consoled as to console;
to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive;
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life. Amen




No comments: