Wednesday, July 4, 2012

A Father ... Daughter.. moment .. to be savored forever...

The atmosphere in the room softened.. and was beautiful.. solid... a presence so divine and so majestic.. so other....

feeling like I would melt like wax and wanting to lower my eyes and become part of the floor I was astonished when I felt called to stand and not bow.....

The words to stand before Him as His daughter were intense... soft  like the most magnificent tones of a melodious lullaby and yet firm and strong like the grandest of mountains that fill the earth....  In these moments there is so much that no words could fully describe...  stunned and in awe and raptured by His beauty and kindness and generosity and strength and majesty... shaken but standing firm...

Father had filled the room with His presence and was beckoning me to come and sit and stand with Him as His daughter.... undone but held together I entered into these moments and could feel the reality of His presence upon my person and it was as if I was transformed into who it was I was always intentioned to be.. His ways tangible.. His love beyond palpable..

The atmosphere softened and while His presence was still tangible it was like I could breathe again... I hadn't realized I was even holding my breath.. swallowing hard I could feel my body become more relaxed... again His love filled the whole place and the brilliance of it all was beyond anything I had ever thought or imagined...

Then the air filled with a sound so full and so radiant that life just pulsated forth from every note.... "You want to know what the great and mighty things  you do not know are....When I ask my people to call to Me.. and tell them that  I will answer them , and I will tell them great and mighty things, which they  do not know. Do you want to know what those things are?"

Wide eyed and so silenced... I wasn't prepared to answer .. I just looked and watched and waited... and then in the moment... in the moments of Father and daughter being together... where time seemed stilled and everything else seemed to fall away... the words that dripped forth shook the room and vibrated throughout my being...

There was nothing simple about those two words He spoke... nothing lacking.... in them I understood the wealth that He meant and acknowledging them I knew I would never be the same..... "My love..."

The words were spoken and it was as if waking from a dream except I hadn't been sleeping.. becoming aware of my surroundings again.. feeling carpet under my feet again.. seeing the open door to my bedroom.. hearing my children playing... looking at the white walls.....

As I stood now trying to regain composure it was now the quiet voice of my Father that took over.. He had displayed Himself and now it was time to love on His girl... and as He spoke.. and spoke and spoke I could feel my heart transforming and my mind changing and my love for His people growing in ways that I had never thought of before....

When I used to read that passage in Jeremiah I wondered about all the magnificent secrets of the heavens and the earth and the mysteries and what great and mighty things God could tell me... and understanding that there are those things .. there are those mysteries... but to be exposed to the heart of God in such a manner as that event opened my eyes and my being to the depths of the heart of the matter...

Reading in Corinthians after these moments with God it caused me to reminiscence ...  If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. How true.... How very very very true....

In the moments after during the time He spoke in the gentlest of voices He spoke of how He is always always showing people great and mighty things that they do not know... He is always speaking His love.. He is always wooing .. Always pursuing... Always pouring forth His most magnificent love... using everything ... from the rising of the sun to its setting .. He is always speaking forth His compassion and His love .. and the mystery.. the excellence of this love being communicated and the power of it to change and affect and alter lives is beyond comprehension.. a love that knows no width .. no depth.. no height.. no length ... It is His love.. His love is the most great and mighty thing that people don't know... The power of His love .. the capacity of His love.. the beyond the scope of the imagination of what His love is and does and accomplishes is what people .. what I don't know.....

A love that sent God in the form of a baby into humanity to rescue .. to launch a whole new era upon creation .. a love that nothing can separate us from....

But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

And that is the most magnificent mystery of all..... His love....

Call to Him today and watch and wait as He shows you the greatest and most mighty thing that has or will ever exist...

Love never fails; but if there are gifts of prophecy, they will be done away; if there are tongues, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be done away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part; but when the perfect comes, the partial will be done away. When I was a child, I used to speak like a child, think like a child, reason like a child; when I became a man, I did away with childish things. For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face; now I know in part, but then I will know fully just as I also have been fully known. But now faith, hope, love, abide these three; but the greatest of these is love.

No comments: