Friday, June 15, 2012

Culture...

I sat there with m y hands on the stirring wheel.... looking out over the windshield... looking out into that which was in front of me... and Father's whisper came so clear ... I tilted my head and looked out the side window... the rain was falling and I could hear the sweet sound of it hitting the window.....

He spoke to me as His darling... as one who I know is cherished by Him... I had so many questions before Him and so much upon my heart... the way He came some what fully undid me and I listened intently to the words that came....

He spoke about culture... He spoke to look at the culture of the world as an outsider and then things would make more sense... look at the culture of the world as a stranger to it... watch what is important to it.. watch how people within the culture treat one another... what what is done.. watch.. look ... learn.. listen....

Then He spoke.. to take to heart His commandments of love.... take to heart the truth that I am so born forth from another place....  learn the culture of that place.. of His realm... of where He dwells.. for that is where I am most intrinsically from....

My heart was being enlarged.. and understanding was being added to me... within the palm of His hand was a living jewel.. how to better describe it I really know not... but it was liquid and yet it kept form and it was alive and yet it was a jewel.. and it was red.... but a most beautiful red I had not really ever seen...to say that it was alive without further description probably does not explain it well enough.. but it was beautiful... it was pure.. it was amazing...

He took it and looked at it and looked at me and placed it within my chest... the warmth of it flowed into all that I am and I got down on my knees...

His ways... His Kingdom.. Our Kingdom... the place where we are already seated... the place where we are born from above... changing my thoughts... my heart.. washing away confusion.. and opening my eyes to His heart and His ways in a much more thorough capacity then I had had prior to these moments...

Compassion... gentleness. patience... warmth.. kindness. being mindful of others and where it is that there are hearts are.... flowed deeper and deeper into me.. into my being.. It was as if it was easier to think with His thoughts and express His ways....

Looking at it as culture will guide you He spoke... Looking at it as one culture and then looking at it as another... will make choices far easier for you... The scripture where the treasures are so is the heart were coming to life... and I saw so very clearly culture of the world and of the hearts of man versus culture of the Kingdom and culture of our Christ....

I think it amazing.... I struggled at times with the lack of kindness I would see... or the way man pits himself against man ... especially in the church or in ministries.....  where focus is upon worldly concepts instead upon the heart beat of Jesus... and in these moments I could tell Father was granting me strength from on high and granting me wisdom and sight to be able to for me to place the different things I see far better than I ever had been able to before...

I had been praying for days and weeks that my heart would be more fully His and that the citizenship of Heaven would bear upon me... and change me and my appetites... that I would far more hunger for Him and His ways then anything of this world.. even when.. especially when the things of this world are pleasing to the eye or have to do with the pride of life....

In this moments He set my feet far firmer upon the Rock then they had been before and I was full of gratitude....

The word culture burst upon my heart with new understanding and He once again grabbed a hold of me and led me forward...

Blessed be the name of our Lord....

No comments: