Saturday, August 28, 2010

Amazing Love.......

It was strong and simple. As I drove home I felt wrapped in a hug. And now I just sit in amazement. He loves to love. Plain and simple. He loves to love. May I open up my heart to receive His deepest affections… His most tender of mercies….. He loves so thoroughly….. He misses nothing…..

In all that He is it is so stunning to think of how He regards us….. A smile comes to my face as I remember Rebekah earlier saying, “tell me something I don’t know mom… and I KNOW I am all together beautiful… so tell me something I don’t know…..” We talked and giggled and I got to love on her…… as I think about my drive home from the mall… I think of God and I think of how in my interaction with Him I am the daughter asking Him to tell me something I don’t know….. Rebekah walks in such confidence of her Lord….. His love to her is a given… she runs to Him and receives His affections….. as a Father He is perfect in all His ways… as a Savior He is strong and full of mercy…. Never does He slumber… never does He sleep……

So stunning His love… so amazingly simple and yet so incredibly strong….. I want to walk like that .. side by side …. Holding His hand … listening to His secrets and watching Him love… watching Him pour out His love with no holding back…..

As I quietly listen to the wings of the atmosphere I sense His waltz… and I join Him and we dance within the unforced rhythms of grace……

No comments: