Saturday, March 29, 2014

Email inboxes full of prophetic utterances while hearts starve... Be fed

Thinking upon His presence and reading the book which captured my heart over twenty years ago. Practicing the Presence of God, by Brother Lawrence was one of the first books I ever read as a Christian. It would set my affections. It would set my course. It would produce an intrigue in me that even when left for a period of time, would always resume.

Maybe it is now, after two decades of seeing other things as it pertains to the ministry of the Lord upon the earth, that I can once again revisit but stand even more assured.

Maybe that is it....

I do.. I stand more assured that a people who are willing to wait upon the presence of the Lord will enter into living the best life a human being can live. I'm not talking monastery here, I am talking an invitation for the presence of the Lord to join you within each minute, and within each activity … To do all, as Brother Lawrence speaks of, for the love of God...


Today I have thought about Ananias and Sapphira, and I have thought about Uzzah. Then I have thought about Moses, David, Obed Edom, Enoch, and all of those who walked with and in the presence of the Lord. I have thought about the victory of Jericho and then the defeat of Ai. I have thought about the declaration of the foreign nations over Israel that there God was THE God of all Heaven and earth.

When I turn my appetites, affections, desires, hopes and dreams over to Him and in their place purpose within my heart just to pursue His presence, all else falls into a most right perspective. I don't desire lazy inactivity as it pertains to the concept and powerful reality of “resting” before our God. One can be in the most active physical state and be in “rest” with God.

To commune with Him as one shops, as one baths a child, as one prepares a meal... to be with Him and live with Him and trust Him in all activity. To acknowledge that but He builds a house, a life, a church, whatever.. unless He builds it.. we all walk in vanity.

There is no methodology truly to be followed... It is the age old invitation to abide that Jesus spoke of when teaching about vines and branches.

What do we place our confidence in? A board room full of the most successful church planters of our day, or a granny who has sat for years and prayed. The army of Israel was rendered of no effect in regards to a giant and yet a shepherd boy would win that battle...

The hunger and desire for words of revelation to be spoken fill our air ways and our email inboxes. There is no word that is written or gotten publicly that if it was relevant to you that God, Himself wouldn't speak it directly to you, if you waited upon Him to hear His heart. It is the drive through, short cut mentality that bottom feeds upon anything other... an utterance should be a reverberation of what in your gut you would already know if you allowed yourself to believe. Moses invited the people into the deep darknesses, to enter into a relationship with the Lord. They declined and he went and the people fell into idolatry.

There is no difference today.. leaders who like their station and people who want the easy revelation.. But my dear friends how much more we lose when upon Him we do not wait and go to directly...

I will harp upon these tunes and stand upon this note... Seek the Lord while He may be found.... Seek Him and abide in Him, rest in Him, and wait upon Him... and you will arise with renewed strength, hope and beauty...


Invite the Lord into your moments, and into all your activities and watch as He transforms your life.. partner with Him, reach out and hold His hand.. He will direct your path!

No comments: