Thursday, August 30, 2012

His hand felt so perfect.....

His hand felt so perfect...  step after step .. walking side by side... well.. somewhat walking somewhat just completely leaning into His side...  I looked up towards Him and smiled ... like John who had gone so very far before me.. I looked at Him and I thought .. "You love me..."  "I am one who is so very dearly loved..."  Focusing upon His features... focusing upon Him .. strength was being added to my person....

But nothing felt more right than holding His hand within mine.. or having my hand being held by His....  side by side we walked ...  He was leading me to a hill... a very tall hill... and what it overlooked I could not say....

Feeling strength course through my being...  closing my eyes and just soaking it in... It had been the harshest of seasons and my soul felt raked across coals.....  relishing in the flow of His strength and life force that was coursing through all that made me ... but holding His hand I was sure I would not be able to muster another step....

Palpable kindness.. generosity of Spirit....

And still He led me....

Before I knew it we are at the top....  Having so focused upon Him I had lost track of where we were and no longer had we been climbing the hill I thought we were ... We were seated in another place altogether....  the hill overlooked the landscapes of earth... It was as if simultaneously we were both in home and creation....  

It all looked different from here.. smaller...  ...  He turned and looked at me..

"I overcame it all..."

"I overcame it all.. so you could walk and overcome.... death and darkness have lost their sting... "

He went on and on...  The most magnificent of older brothers....  In those moments while He was still Lord.. While He was always Savior, Redeemer... Creator.. King of Kings and Alpha and Omega... He was my Brother.....  and as a girl in need...  He met me exactly where it was that I needed for Him to....

The words flowed through me and into me and around me and saturated me... but more than the words it was the realization of His time.....  It was as if all time stood still and it was the gift of His time that was strengthening my inner most being.....  There was no rush.. there was no push for me to understand or grasp all that He was saying.. He spoke and spoke and spoke and yet I just sat there looking at Him...  Allowing the instruction and words of life to settle upon my person....

He instructs those He loves.....  I had so desperately needed His instruction... I had so desperately needed Him and here we were...  Here I was sitting on this hill in heavenly places looking at creation with different eyes...  My soul being restored bit by bit... Being gently led to the stillest of places so that He could speak ever so tenderly to me.....

His tenderness and His affections  go unmatched... His love is beyond description... His compassion is full....

The first born of creation...  sitting with an object of His greatest affection.. I am indeed the one He loves...


No comments: